You may have heard about Content Marketing and know exactly what it refers to, or maybe you’ve never heard of it and have no clue what it could be.
Content Marketing is defined as “…a strategic marketing approach focused on creating and distributing valuable, relevant, and consistent content to attract and retain a clearly defined audience — and, ultimately, to drive profitable customer action.” Content Marketing has different types and it is important for all types of businesses to use on various platforms because it is the way you share things about the brand and engage with your target audience.
The content that you produce for your brand should:
- Move your audience to act through forming a connection e.g. through story-telling.
- Earn the audience’s attention by ensuring that the topic is relevant and useful to them. If the topic is not an interesting one, find ways to make it more interesting such as with humor, storytelling, and eliciting engagement and participation with games and trivia.
- Have a spark – the why, the purpose of the brand, what motivates the brand to do what it does, etc.
- Have a solid structure including:
- A headline that grabs the audience’s attention.
- First few sentences that pull the audience in and make them want more.
- Useful, valuable, and problem-solving information.
- A single point of focus i.e. what the content is all about.
- Writing techniques such as stories.
- A Call-to-Action (CTA) i.e. a clear indication of what you need the audience to do once they get through the content e.g. purchase, subscribe, share, etc.
Content marketing plays a very important role in increasing brand awareness and connecting with your audience. Spending time to improve your content marketing and using tips such as the ones listed above will enable you to produce content that is king.
Check out last week’s post